- October 16: Jeep Wrangler Recall: Track Bar Brackets Separate From Frames recalls | 2 days ago
- October 9: Chrysler Recalls Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio SUVs recalls | 9 days ago
- October 2: Bosch CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- October 1: EcoDiesel Emissions Lawsuit Says Chrysler Vehicles Are Illegal news | 17 days ago
- September 30: Alfa Romeo Giulias and Stelvios Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 18 days ago
Chrysler Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Chrysler Cirrus
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.