- February 6: Ram 2500 and 3500 Recall Issued After 19 Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- February 4: 2020 Jeep Wranglers Recalled To Replace Front Axles recalls | 18 days ago
- January 25: Ram ProMaster Vans Recalled For Transmission Shift Cables recalls | 28 days ago
- January 7: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Under Federal Investigation investigations | 46 days ago
- January 6: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive Investigation Closed investigations | 47 days ago
Chrysler Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Chrysler Cirrus
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.