- February 6: Ram 2500 and 3500 Recall Issued After 19 Fires recalls | 13 days ago
- February 4: 2020 Jeep Wranglers Recalled To Replace Front Axles recalls | 15 days ago
- January 25: Ram ProMaster Vans Recalled For Transmission Shift Cables recalls | 25 days ago
- January 7: Ram 4500 and 5500 Trucks Under Federal Investigation investigations | 43 days ago
- January 6: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive Investigation Closed investigations | 44 days ago
Rusting Frame And Subframe
2004 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- repair subframe (4 reports)
- replace engine carriage (4 reports)
- replace frame (4 reports)
- replace subframe or spray with chemical (3 reports)
- replace subframe (2 reports)
body / paint problem