- March 14: 2018 Chrysler Pacifica Recall Issued For Steering Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- March 9: Fiat 124 Spider Recall Ordered Over Sudden Downshifting recalls | 12 days ago
- March 7: Chrysler Will Buy Back Certain 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- March 7: Jeep Cherokee Recall To Replace Instrument Clusters recalls | 14 days ago
Rusting Frame And Subframe
2004 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- repair subframe (4 reports)
- replace engine carriage (4 reports)
- replace frame (4 reports)
- replace subframe or spray with chemical (3 reports)
- replace subframe (2 reports)
body / paint problem