- August 12: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Includes 2.4L Engines news | 0 days ago
- August 11: Chrysler Town & Country Fires Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- August 9: Tigershark Engine Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler news | 3 days ago
- July 27: Jeep Compass Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- July 19: Chrysler Uconnect Lawsuit Says Systems Malfunction news | 24 days ago
Rusting Frame And Subframe
2004 Chrysler Pacifica (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engine cradle rot is a serious problem in the 2004-05 Chrysler Pacifica. Chrysler admits they didn't apply enough coating to the vehicle's sub-frame during assembly, but only offered to cover a very small portion of the vehicles they messed up.
So what happens when your engine cradle rots? Well, the engine could fall out for starters. It could also cause problems with the suspension and other components but did I mention THE ENGINE CAN FALL OUT? The worst part is you might not know because there's no way to see the problem without getting under the car.
If you have a 2004-05 Pacifica, make sure to have your mechanic inspect your sub-frame for rust and corrosion.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 133,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 32 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (12 reports)
- repair subframe (4 reports)
- replace engine carriage (4 reports)
- replace frame (4 reports)
- replace subframe or spray with chemical (3 reports)
- replace subframe (2 reports)
body / paint problem