ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

9.1

$2,870

1. replace subframe (17 reports)
  3. repair subframe (1 reports)
  4. replace vehicle frame (1 reports)
  5. total frame replacement (1 reports)
2006 Chrysler Pacifica body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica:

2006 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 052018

Pacifica Limited 3.2L. 6

Car shimmies on highway at 40-50 mph. It wants to pull to the right. Had 4 wheel alignment, still had same problem. Mechanic put it on lift and said frame and idle arms need replacement about 2 grand and that’s if he can find a used frame. Said frame is about to fall off car from rust and corrosion. Said it’s a problem with Pacifica. If there is a class action suit I want to join in!!!

- Shellee S., New York, US

Sep 152017

Pacifica

I was told it needs to be replaced and will be costly

- Christine S., Leola, US

Nov 022017

Pacifica Limited 3.5L

my 2006 Chrysler pacifica has subframe cradle rot. Went to dealer to see if covered or recall. They took pictures and got back to me few days later. Chrysler will replace subframe but I would have to pay $750 plus tax of it and including any seized bolts or parts. I heard that Chrysler admitted fault for this. Didn't use enough coating on frame. This price is still too expensive for me. Within the past year already paid to replace transmission. Also had to replace driveshaft because of hanger bearings rotting. Also the starter and alternator. Bushings after bushings motor mounts after motor mounts and tranny mount. And the list goes on. Seems like car was built to last 10 years and that's it. Also fan motor. also wiper motor at the back.

- jerrybon, St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Sep 282017

Pacifica Limited 3.2L V6

Like many other that own older Pacificas I was told this week that my subframe must be replace due to excessive rust damage and safety concerns. It was always garage kept and cleaned. I contacted the dealer Wickstrom out of Barrington Il and was told they would not cover the cost since it was out of warranty. I asked for a quote on part and labor to replace and they never called me back with the estimate. I went to three other repair shops and was quoted $1700.00 to $3000.00 for replacement depending on whether I used a brand new part or used. The used parts are now being sold at unreasonable prices as they know everyone wants the part. The used ones are now priced close to the new part which is starting at $1800.00. To add insult to injury Chrysler is gouging us on the price of this part as well. While Chrysler may not recall the vehicle they should stand up to the many complaints about this and at least make the part reasonably priced. Shame on you. My second and last car by Chrysler.

- juzek, Lake In The Hills, US

Sep 182017

Pacifica V6

Took it in for an oil change. the tech working came in with photos and said it needed to be junked. there is hardly anything holding up the engine. it is an accident waiting to happen. still have payments on hubby's truck and cant afford to replace mine right now. BUT looks like I have to. this is a crock of sh*t especially now that I am aware of the problem and have looked into it, Chrysler was aware of the issue all along. i could hit a bump in the road and the the engine could fall through.

- Kris T., Monticello, IL, US

Jan 232017

Pacifica Touring

The subframe rot on my Pacifica is horrible. The mechanic said my engine was about to fall out of my car and he has had it in the shop for over a month now and doesn't even think he can fix it. Apparently no one can, and replacement parts are crazy expensive anyway. I was told it would be cheaper to just buy a new car then fix it anyway. Chrysler needs to be accountable for this considering I am not the only one with this car that has the same problem. When looking on the internet and talking with various mechanics, welders, and other Pacifica owners, they all say how bad the subframe is. I am beyond upset, and wish I never bought this car. What a waste of thousands of hard earned dollars.

- xenonster, Binghamton, US

Jun 062017

Pacifica Touring V6

Took my 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA TOURING into my son in laws shop for an oil change and complete checkup, which we do every 3,000 miles. He did the oil change and normal checkup on the car and while he had it up on the rack, he discovered that the frame is rotting away in more than one area. He then called the Chrysler Dealership where he gets parts from and talked to a manager there about the frame problem with the pacifica stating that my car was in his shop 6 months ago with no frame issue! He asked if there was any recalls on my car for this and was told the that my year was not on a recall list even tho it should've been and that once the rust starts, it happens very very quickly ! This car is a one owner has been garage kept and my husband who is very much into detailing our vehicles couldn't believe that the frame is WASTING AWAY like that! My car only has 130,000 Miles on her and now we are faced with either paying a small fortune or replacing it! I wanted to get to 200,000 miles but now we will be lucky to make it to 131,000. THERE NEEDS to BE ANOTHER CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST CHRYSLER TO INCLUDE THE 2006 YR AND FORCE THEM INTO TAKING CARE OF ALL THE PACIFICAS OUT THERE THAT ARE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE!!!

- Debbie M., Aurora, IL, US

Mar 012017

Pacifica Touring 3.5L V6

Have had 2 different mechanics advise that the vehicle frame is rusting to the point that it is not safe. Advised to contact Chrysler to see if there has been a recall. Did so and was told no.

- kathleenscoggins, Alton, US

Apr 072017

Pacifica 3.5L

click to see larger images

subframe corroded subframe corroded subframe corroded subframe corroded subframe corroded subframe corroded

I replaced motor mounts, I have exterior paint rusting, now to notice this significant rusting for a car that has always been in the garage really hurts. I am retired and was using this car for uber, this situation must have existed for a while but I was never made aware until now. I love this car & am so disappointed.

- Patricia M., Plainfield, IL, US

Apr 052017

Pacifica

this problem with the subframe and it all being connected to the engine being mounted on it and together with the noise and the rust/corrosion is awfully scary.... Chrysler needs to have a recall on this as it seems

a lot of folks are having the same issue--- please pay for this Chrysler and do your business a favor and

make this right ---the transmission systems on these also go out along with other costly things...

- loross, Wagner, US

Aug 012016

Pacifica Touring 3.5L V6

THIS PART SHOULD NEVER RUST! ENGINE CRADLES ARE WHAT SUPPORT THE ENGINE AND KEEP IT FROM FALLING TO THE GROUND.

- Victor F., Brooklyn, NY, US

Nov 022016

Pacifica

Mechanic said because of the corrosion in the sub frame, they couldn't do a wheel alignment. The wheel alignment is needed because the steering wheel is shaking as I drive.

- Tony D., Buffalo, NY, USA

Oct 072016

Pacifica

Have loved my Chrysler Pacifica (base model), have taken very good condition of it, however taking a trip from Michigan to Orlando, and took it to a shop to check for road worthiness and was told the subframe is so bad was told not to drive even around town. Now have to locate a used subframe from the south w/no rust. Just retired and can't afford the repair. Was told repair will be $3200.00 and after reading reviews of subframe damage my vehicle is only worth blue book same amount of repair. I can't afford another vehicle, tech also advised no rust on the body at all, only the subframe. So sad and Chrysler will do nothing, so sad.

- singladydi, Taylor, MI, USA

May 012016

Pacifica Touring 3.6L

This is an obvious problem with the Pacifica and it's also obvious Chrysler is doing everything to avoid the problem. That's ok if they are going to play that way, I just wont buy another Chrysler now!

- John W., Saugerties, NY, USA

Aug 062016

Pacifica Touring 3.5L

Took my Chrysler Pacifica to have my dad replace broken motor mounts and discovered my engine cradle is almost rusted thru on both sides. Also my complete sub-frame is rusting away! I'm scared to even drive my car! Only vehicle I have to transport myself and kids and now I'm afraid to go anywhere. A new cradle is over $300 alone. I am disgusted!!! This should be recalled! It can cause a fatality if it breaks thru!

- Amanda B., Shelbyville, KY, US

Jun 222016

Pacifica

I took my car in for inspection and the mechanic told me that the subframe has two holes in it and that they need to be fix/replaced to pass inspection. He informed me that this is a common problem with the Pacifica. He said that the subframe was poorly made and that will rust quickly. I love my car and want to keep it BUT i can't afford to have to replace this part n my own. I understand that there is some states that are in the process of lawsuits so that this is covered. So now I am in the dilemma of possibly getting rid of this car and looking for another car even though I don't want to purchase another car. I wish these car makers would admit to their mistake and fix them. I would even be happy if they would pay part of the repairs then I wouldn't be hesitant to keep the car as well as purchase another in the future. As of now I don't think I could ever purchase another Chrysler car.

- Teresa D., North Wales, PA, US

Jun 012016

Pacifica LX 3.2L V6

I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. Went to get my tires rotated and alignment done. Technician tells me that he's unable to align the rear due to the amount of rust and that if he takes off the bolts, they will snap and I won't be able to get them back on. He then shows me the front and tells me that its just a matter of time before the engine and whatever else is held up by the sub frame will drop through. I then find out this is a common problem and that there is a class action lawsuit against Chrysler for this problem. 4-5k fix.....totally ridiculous. There should have been a recall for anyone who had the model Pacifica within the year ranges.

- eseibert, Charlotte, NC, USA

May 212016

Pacifica

Chrysler sold a lemon, which cost my family a lot of money.

- Igor M., Saint Paul, MN, US

Nov 092015

Pacifica

I purchased my 2006 pacifica in 2007 at Burdick Dealers in Cicero New York... At the time it was used and in perfect condtion........ over the years it has come to rust badly...... more noticeable in December 2015..... are there any guarantees for this problem

- suzanneqc, Mirabel, QC, Canada

Apr 262016

Pacifica Touring 3.5L V6

Brought our Pacifica to the mechanic for a routine oil change and tire repair. Was then told the subframe has completely rotted away. Said he personally would not put too many more miles on it and the repairs could range from $3,000 - $5,000.

- Jennifer Z., Waterford, NY, USA