- November 3: Chrysler Reports 3 More Deaths From Exploding Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- November 2: Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Recalled recalls | 36 days ago
- October 24: Jeep Wrangler Hybrids Recalled Over Battery Fuse Problems recalls | 45 days ago
- October 22: Chrysler Fuel Pump Recall Includes Jeep and Ram Diesel Vehicles recalls | 47 days ago
- October 17: Chrysler Airbag Lawsuit Filed Over ARC Inflators news | 52 days ago
Chrysler Recall U50: Unintentional Vehicle Movement/FMVSS 114
2018 Chrysler Pacifica
If the MPR is engaged unintentionally, the vehicle could roll away striking and injuring a bystander or cause a crash.
Equipment — Electrical — Anti-Theft Devices
Electrical System — Ignition — Anti-Theft — Control Module
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Chrysler Pacifica vehicles. The Manual Park Release (MPR) plug may be removed without a tool. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the MPR plug, free of charge. The recall began July 9, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U50.
- Documents (17)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U50 Parts Ordering Update 7-31-18
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - U50 Owner
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U50- 2017 -18 PACIFICA MANUAL PARK RELEASE (MPR) PARTS ALLOCATION
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U50 Safety Recall on the 2017/18 Pacifica - Manual Park Release - Parts Allocation Update By Mopar on Thursday, August 09, 2018
- Renotification Representative Copy
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 114
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/21/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U50
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U50 Parts Allocation 7-3-18
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.