2018 Chrysler Pacifica transmission problems: transmission slips and jerks

Transmission Slips And Jerks

2018 Chrysler Pacifica

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

6.8

2. replace valve body (1 reports)
2018 Chrysler Pacifica transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica:

2018 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments

Apr 252019

Pacifica LX 3.2L V6

I have had this van since April of 2018, This vehicle has had several safety recalls and the transmission seems to jerk and slip in low gear. I have taken this thing in to the dealer service area and the recalls were fixed , but the jerky feeling of the car is still there. The part of the Valve body is 30 days out. I sent a complaint into Chrysler about this and I have read a lot of complaints of the same thing about this model and they sent me a generic response ,like they did not listen , I have asked to have them take this back and pay it off so I can get a different vehicle . Too many owners of this vehicle are having the same issues . And Chrysler seems not to care about the customers . My local Dealership has been great . But I want another Vehicle !! I am paying too much for this vehicle to have issues like this .

- Howard W., Olympia, US

Jan 012019

Pacifica

My complaint is the same as the other 3 on here. The car randomly will not shift into gear and revs up then jerks into gear. It is like the transmission is slipping and has done this for some time now. It also happens when I put it in park while on a hill so I have to make sure nothing is in front of me or it will hit it.

- April D., Kansas City, US

Jan 012019

Pacifica Touring-L V6

We have been having this issue with our Pacifica for a while. We have reported it to the dealership 4 different times and there has been no resolution. This issue happens randomly and does not matter how long the van has been driven. It started out happening occasionally and now happens just about every other day. If feels like a clutch popping. The van will be moving but does not engage to the next gear and suddenly pops into gear with a very noticeable jerk. The dealership has let me know that they search other dealership data bases for similar issues, but they have not seen anything to date- which is more of a concern as I am the 3rd on this forum to complain about the exact issue.

- Heather G., Virginia Beach, VA, US

Nov 012018

Pacifica LX 3.6L V6

Let me preface this by saying the problem has been going on since the vehicle had about 3k miles. I mentioned it at the 2nd service, but as I had already lost the vehicle for a week due to 3 recall repairs. At the 2nd service I lost my vehicle for half a week as the dealership tech didn't put the oil cap on and the vehicle broke down on the side of the highway. I kept hesitating to take it in for service. I mistakenly assumed since the dealership kept my vehicle for half a week, they would diagnose the issue that I had just mentioned, but they did not.

To the problem- when moving gear selector from park to R or D, the transmission CLUNKS, very similar to the sound of a Harley Davidson shifting in to gear. Not a good sound for a brand new car. Every now and then, when shifting while driving, it would suddenly slip, increase RPM, then suddenly engage, rough enough to bump your head against the headrest, but nothing major. As of getting it back from the service where they let me leave with the oil pouring out of my vehicle. it makes a grinding noise upon start up (I realize this is unrelated to engine oil), and now it shifts hard frequently. I just drove a 3 mile round trip to drop the kid off at school, it did it 3 times. Now its hard enough to actually smack your teeth together.

Unfortunately this is our only vehicle at the moment, and the dealership does not do loaners on warranty repairs, so not sure what to do outside of renting a car for a few days. Will update once I finally get it in for repairs.

- Will P., Deltona, FL, US

May 282018

Pacifica Touring L + V6

While driving at a very slow speed, the van shifts to what sounds like neutral and the rpms rise (van goes no where). After 2-5 seconds, the transmission engages and jerks the van forward, with a very loud bang, giving the feeling of a rear-end vehicle accident.

- Kurt T., Des Moines, IA, US