2019 Chrysler Pacifica brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica:

2019 Chrysler Pacifica Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 032021

Pacifica

Four times in the last week the brakes have failed! Twice it coasted farther than normal when coming to a stop and twice more the brake pedal pushed back against my foot when already at a complete stop, causing the car to roll forward even though my foot was attempting to keep the brake pedal pressed. I had to lift my foot and slam it back down to stop the vehicle. There is a hissing sound when depressing the pedal. A quick google search points to brake booster with multiple reports for this make/model. This needs to be recalled! We are taking it to a dealership in the morning. ZERO warning lights or indicators.

- Senoia, GA, USA

Oct 252021

Pacifica

Hissing when pushing on the brake pedal and drops to the floor easier than any car I have ever owned. Occasionally it has issues stopping in a reasonable distance. I pushed the brakes down and rolled about 4 feet past the line in an intersection. Will roll with brakes pressed at a stop light. I see a lot of these complaints now and wondering why there has not been a recall as of yet... it is the braking system of the car and a car is to do only a few things without fail, acceleration and stopping...

- Millbrook, AL, USA

Nov 092021

Pacifica

Brake pedal pushes up against your foot and vehicle rolls forward even though my foot is firmly pressing down. Several instances. Further research has shown this is a common issue with this make and model. Dealership doesn't not cover the work and is booked out over two months.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Oct 242021

Pacifica

While traveling in the left hand lane I was hit on the right side pushing me into a median. I applied the brakes and they didn-t stop the vehicle. When the van came into contact with the curb. The airbags deployed. I smelt smoke and told my 4 young children in the back seat we needed to get out now. Two of my children were in 5 pt harness car seats in the third row. We were able to run to a safe area before it went up in flames less than a few mins later. There were no witnesses and no one around. My children and I could of been seriously injured or worse. No warning lights were active. No signs of failure until I tried pressing the brakes. The vehicle was inspected by the fire department that arrived on scene when it was fully engulfed in flames at that point.

- Goochland, VA, USA

Sep 062021

Pacifica

I was stopped while waiting for kids to get in the car and I heard a loud hissing noise. The noise stopped when I released the brakes. Each time I pressed the breaks, the hissing continued - no matter how long the brake pedal was being pressed. The dealership seemed very unconcerned and told me it would be two weeks before I could even get in for a diagnosis. In the days leading up to the appointment, I was on the freeway going 55mph. A car in front of me stopped quickly and I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could. We slowed down, but did not stop nearly as quickly as one would hope. We barely missed hitting the car in front of us. We drove immediately to the dealership and left the van with them until our appointment time. The part needed to fix it (Brake Booster) is on backorder and our van will now be sitting at the dealership for who knows how long. There were no warning lights on the car, so I did not suspect the issue was this bad. The hissing had only began less than two weeks prior. Car only has 30,000 miles on it and has been up to date on maintenance.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Aug 132021

Pacifica

While driving on highway, brakes did not respond quickly and vehicle did not slow down. I had to stand on the brake to get the car to stop. This repeated itself multiple times over the next few days and is ongoing. There is a hissing sound like there is some air system at work and the break pushes back at your feet while breaking. Called the local dealer who did not have an appointment for several weeks. Dealer claims there is no known issue. But online and there are dozens of complaints and here on the NHTSA website there are over 25 complaints about this issue.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Aug 132021

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Aug 052021

Pacifica

My brakes were hissing when pressed and started squealing. Shortly after this when I tried to stop I came inches from hitting the car in front of me. I have also noticed when this is happening the auto shut off feature is not working. My dealer can-t even look at my car for a couple of weeks to see what may be causing the issue. I have seen reports of others having this issue as well which is a huge safety concern.

- Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA

Aug 042021

Pacifica

The van's brakes failed on 8/4/21. I had my foot on the brake pedal at a stoplight behind other cars. My car moved forward. It didn't initially respond to my pressing harder and I thought I'd crash. Brakes hissed, then dropped lower to the floor. I pushed harder. The van stopped & I put on the parking brake. I had one episode a few days prior where I felt brake was slow to respond and heard hissing noise. I had the car towed to the dealer as I was afraid if the brakes failed again I would cause an accident or roll into oncoming traffic at a stoplight.

- River Ridge, LA, USA

Aug 032021

Pacifica

Slowing for a red light travelling approximately 35 miles an hour. Brake pedal was depressed and suddenly lost pressure/pedal went to the floor with a hissing sound as if there was a compressed air line. Car rolled through intersection with myself and two children on board. Luckily we were not hit by oncoming cross lane traffic. Afterwards there was overtly strong brake pedal force with more air hissing, pushing foot and pedal towards driver. Release pedal and pumping the brake resumed normal pressure. In discussing with Chrysler tech this appears to be a brake booster failure due to contamination from vacuum line. Car has no CEL's or related warning indicators for brake system.

- Buford, GA, USA

Jun 012021

Pacifica

When braking, the brakes will fail to engage and pumping the brakes is required to stop. When the brake is depressed at a light, the brakes will release, causing the car to start forward without pressing the gas pedal. The brake booster in ABS system is defective and on national back order. No recalls in place, but driving safety is severely compromised.

- Saint Cloud, FL, USA

Jul 202021

Pacifica

there is a hissing sound and it feels as if air pressure is building up in the brake line which is pushing against my foot is on the brake pedal, allowing the vehicle to accelerate slowly when it should be stopped.

- Inkster, MI, USA

Jun 252021

Pacifica

The brake booster has failed making it extremely difficult to drive and dangerous according to the local Dodge dealership these parts have been on backorder for 2 months now

- East Stroudsburg , PA, USA

Dec 292020

Pacifica

Countless episodes when on slippery conditions and using regenerative braking, usually going down a hill trying to maintain speed with steady moderate break pedal pressure. When I encounter these slippery conditions the regenerative brakes rapidly decrease their force (or entirely loose braking) for about 1 second. If I am on a longer stretch of slippery conditions (packed snow, ice) then this repeats at about 1 second intervals. This has occurred at speeds ranging from 10-35 mph. If I press harder the ABS kicks in, because the occurs on steep hills, instead of maintaining speed or slowing down, the effect of gravity leads to an acceleration.

- Waterbury, VT, USA

Mar 112021

Pacifica

My 2019 Chrysler Pacifica has begun shuttering at stops. The vehicle has just over 12,000 miles and is only 18 months old. I took it the dealership and was told that the pads are fine but the rotors are completely rusted and must be replaced. I was told the vehicle is no longer safe to drive long distances. Information published by Chrysler indicates that rotors should last 40,000 to 80,000 miles. This car has been kept in a garage the entire time I have owned it when it was not being driven. I think it is clear that the rotors were made of defective material. Although the dealership told me the car is no longer safe to drive long distances, yet I cannot afford to pay $1,000 out of pocket to have the rotors and pads replaced. I am reporting this so an investigation can be done into the materials Chrysler used to produce these rotors. A recall may need to be considered.

- Rochester, MI, USA