- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 12 days ago
- April 11: 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio SUVs Recalled 4 Times in 4 Months recalls | 14 days ago
- March 30: Ram 2500/3500 Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- March 20: Ram ProMaster City Vans Recalled For Steering Fluid Leaks recalls | 36 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 39 days ago
Chrysler Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Chrysler Sebring
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.