- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 9 days ago
- January 11: Chrysler to Pay $800 Million Over EcoDiesel Jeeps and Rams news | 11 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 12 days ago
- December 9: 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Loose Sensors recalls | 44 days ago
- December 6: Alfa Romeo Giulia Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 47 days ago
Chrysler Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Chrysler Sebring
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.