- August 31: Minivan Crash Test Ratings For 2018-2019 Models news | 22 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 30 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- August 13: Mahindra ROXOR Is NOT a Jeep, Says Chrysler in Federal Complaint news | 40 days ago
- August 13: Jeep Cherokees and Chrysler Pacificas Recalled Over Halfshafts recalls | 40 days ago
Chrysler Recall B24: Daimlerchrysler/Air Bag Clockspring
1998 Chrysler Town & Country
This condition will manifest itself through illumination of the air bag warning lamp, and could eventually result in a driver's air bag open circuit, if the part is not replaced in a reasonable amount of time.
Air Bags — Frontal
- On certain mini vans, the clockspring assembly may have been wound incorrectly during the vehicle assembly process.
- Dealers will replace the clockspring assembly on all vehicles with 70,000 miles or less. An extended lifetime warranty will also be placed on this component for all affected vehicles, regardless of mileage. DaimlerChrysler will also reimburse owners who have paid to have the clockspring replaced on their vehicles. Owner notification began November 18, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.