- July 26: Chrysler Sliding Door Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- July 13: Chrysler and Dodge Minivan Sliding Door Problems Investigated investigations | 15 days ago
- June 17: Ram 1500 Recall Announced Over Rearview Camera Images recalls | 41 days ago
- May 31: Chrysler Minivan Power Window Allegedly Strangled Girl news | 58 days ago
- May 28: More Than 510,000 Ram Trucks Recalled Over Lugnuts recalls | 61 days ago
Chrysler Recall D17: Daimlerchrysler/Air Bag Clockspring
2000 Chrysler Town & Country
This condition will manifest itself through illumination of the air bag warning lamp, and could eventually result in a driver's air bag open circuit, if the part is not replaced in a reasonable amount of time.
- On certain minivans, the driver's air bag may become disabled due to a failure of the clockspring, which is located in the hub of the steering wheel.
- Dealers will replace the clockspring assembly on all covered vehicles with 70,000 miles or less. For those vehicles with more than 70,000 miles, DaimlerChrysler will offer an extended lifetime warranty under which it will replace the clockspring at no charge if it fails. DaimlerChrysler will also reimburse owners who have paid to have the clockspring replaced on their vehicles. The recall began on October 12, 2004. Owners should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.