- August 12: 2016 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 9 days ago
- August 8: Two 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Instrument Clusters recalls | 13 days ago
- August 7: Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio Recalled For Stalling recalls | 14 days ago
- August 2: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- July 21: Chrysler Recalls Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 Trucks recalls | 31 days ago
Chrysler Recall R53: Hood May Open Unexpectedly
2016 Chrysler Town & Country
If the hood opens while driving, the driver's vision may be obstructed, increasing the risk of a crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles manufactured August 19, 2015 to August 27, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the bolts that attach the hood striker may loosen and, as a result, the hood may open unexpectedly while driving.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will install new hood striker bolts with the proper torque, free of charge. The recall began on October 22, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler's customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall number is R53.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R53092415
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Communications Cover Letter
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.