- October 2: FCA Gear Shift Litigation: Jury Sides With Chrysler news | 2 days ago
- October 1: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement news | 3 days ago
- September 12: Chrysler Pacifica Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 22 days ago
- September 3: Recalled: Ram 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500 For Loss of Power recalls | 31 days ago
- September 2: Rearview Camera Recall For Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500 recalls | 32 days ago
Chrysler Recall R53: Hood May Open Unexpectedly
2016 Chrysler Town & Country
If the hood opens while driving, the driver's vision may be obstructed, increasing the risk of a crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chrysler Town and Country and Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles manufactured August 19, 2015 to August 27, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the bolts that attach the hood striker may loosen and, as a result, the hood may open unexpectedly while driving.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will install new hood striker bolts with the proper torque, free of charge. The recall began on October 22, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler's customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall number is R53.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – R53092415
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Communications Cover Letter
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.