- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 60 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 60 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 82 days ago
- July 29: Mopar Stage 1 PCM Recall Includes Chrysler and Dodge Cars recalls | 85 days ago
Dodge Recall T36: Alternator May Fail Resulting In Engine Stall
2012 Dodge Charger
If the alternator fails, the vehicle may stall without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. There is also the possibility that the alternator may short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Alternator/Generator/Regulator
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger, Chrysler 300, Dodge Durango, and 2012-2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. The affected vehicles have electro-hydraulic power steering (EHPS) and are equipped with a 5.7L or a 3.6L engine and a 160, 180 or 220 amp alternator. In the affected vehicles, the alternator may suddenly fail.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator and depending on the part number, will replace the alternator, if necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 12, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T36.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- T36 Interim
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- T36 Fleet Communication
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/11/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T3607112017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Completed Recall Letter
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - February 2018
Click a tab for more information.