2015 Dodge Charger engine problems: oil leak

Oil Leak

2015 Dodge Charger

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.

8.0

2015 Dodge Charger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Charger:

2015 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jun 282015

Charger RT 5.7L

click to see larger images

oil leak oil leak oil leak oil leak

It leaked oil at the bell housing. I took it to the dealer. Took it home a few days later. It was still leaking when I got home and looked underneath. Took it back showed them it was still leaking. They cleaned and assured me it was residual oil.

They told me to take it. I checked when I got outside before I left. It was still leaking. I walked with the service writer, manager and tech. I wiped the oil from the same spot on my invoice I had just signed. I left it with them. They got me into a rental car. I came back again after a few days. The rear main seal had been replaced. It was still leaking on the ground. I had gone to look before signing the invoice. I went to the cashier, and wrote at the bottom, "Disappointed. Still leaking, I looked". I walked across to service and set it up again. I received a call telling me they were going to replace the bolts in the housing, fearing they may have been drilled to deep, or bolts that were too short were installed. I got a call later around Thursday saying "It only fixed 90% of the leak. They were going to put the paperwork in for a short block. I let them and Chrysler customer service know, I did not want a car that needed a short block to be put in at 1000+ miles.

Long story short, customer service was called, the Chrysler feedback survey was filled out, I do not feel like anything has been expedited to get me back on the road again. I have been without the car for just about 3 weeks. My wife called the LEMON law lawyer. They will have 10 days to get it back together, after they receive the letter. I'll report back when I see how it goes.

I really like this car. I am disappointed in DODGE. I would not buy another Dodge again if I am not satisfied. I had traded in a 2011 Ram with 44,000 on it. I got it at 9800 and did not have any problems with it.

- eddiesupra, Blackwood, NJ, USA