- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 53 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 58 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 69 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 72 days ago
Dodge Recall U82, U83: Cruise Control Cannot Be Cancelled
2015 Dodge Charger
If the vehicle maintains its speed or accelerates despite attempts to deactivate the cruise control, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain Mopar Stage 1 Kit Performance Packages Powertrain Control Modules (PCM) Part Numbers P5160023, P5160025, and Demon Crate PCM Part Number 68412287AA. The PCMs are being recalled to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If, when using cruise control, there is a short circuit within the vehicle's wiring, the driver may not be able to shut off the cruise control either by depressing the brake pedal or manually turning the system off once it has been engaged, resulting in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will either perform a software update or replace the PCM, free of charge. The recall began July 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U82, and U83.
Click a tab for more information.