- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 3 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 86 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 86 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 37,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (9 reports)
- replace transmission (8 reports)
- replace transmission cable (1 reports)