ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2014 Dodge Dart brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Jan 082018

Dart

Takata recall: I pulled out of my work parking lot at 5pm after it had been sitting since 7am and drove about 2 mins down the rode, car battery light flashed and the car would no longer accelerate and steering wheel locked up. All lights and radio, A/C continued working normally. I was left stuck in the middle of an intersection. I turned the car off and turned the key a couple of times, after about 5-6 times it finally started again and drove away normally. This has happened 6 times now in the past 6 days. Most recently I was driving down a busy street going about 30 mph in far right lane, I saw the battery light flash and I swerved into a parking lot before my steering wheel locked up. It is now taking 15-20 mins to start back up, it seems to be getting worse. It only seems to stall first time driving it in the morning or after work, in both cases the car has been sitting for 8-9 hours. I'm now scared to drive this car fearful it will stop on me and I wont have a chance to get out of harms way.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 012016

Dart

Check engine light will flash while simultaneously the gear selections lights all glow red. Stability indicator signals loss as well as extremely rough shifting. Loss of reverse camera, moon roof, loss of auto windows both up and down, as well as practically all forward motion as if the transmission has suddenly stopped working. Once stopped safely and vehicle has been disabled I.T will not start without a series of steps prior to ignition. 1. press accessory button. 2. place in nuetral. 3. return to park. 4. open and close driver door. 5. apply foot to the brake pedal. 6. press ignition switch to start the vehicle. These steps allow the vehicle to become operational; however the check engine light will remain on for various lengths of time. The transmission now shifts less rough than during the initial malfunction. I have experienced this malfunction both while starting my car and during operation on the open road. At which point the vehicle becomes clearly unsafe to operate, due to loss of motion. I personally do not feel safe operating this vehicle alone and especially with my family aboard. I have researched this issue hours on end and found masses falling to the same vehicle malfunction. As of yet my specific VIN# has yet to be recalled regardless of the nature of the malfunctions. I charge you NHTSA to press upon Chrysler for safety of not only my family but all the others out in the world at risk due to faulty engineering and equipment.

- Pollock, LA, USA

Nov 012017

Dart

Car stalled in the middle of a public street several times and wouldn't start at times before it finally just left me stranded. During these times there was no error on the screen letting me know what the problem was so I just kept trying to drive it. Then after awhile the check engine light turned on a few times but it was at random times and did not stay on. The car only has 18000 miles and I've only had it for 2 years. The dealer replaced the battery but did not check to see what was causing the battery to die so quick. They just told me that I don't drive it enough and that I stop and start it too much because I work too close to home... (this is not my first car and that's never happened before). This was not the first time I had this car serviced. The entire first year I kept getting an error that the tire pressure was too low and I was told that it was just an issue with the computer system but I had to replace the tires right away on a brand new car. So it's also had issues with the tires/wheels on a brand new car. People buy new cars to avoid these problems!

- West Covina, CA, USA

Jul 072017

Dart

2014 Dodge Dart didn't want to start, put it in N and waited a few mins and it started. Next morning same issue, but wouldn't start in N. jumped the car, drove it 50 miles but didn't shut it off.. got home shut it off, wouldn't start immediately after turning it off. Today jumped it to take it to get OB2 reader to get codes since check engine light came on.. cars ABS light is on, throttle control light, check engine. Amen windsheld wipers were on with wipers in off position. Car has no power when putting in drive now.. almost seems like it didn't know it was in drive. I looked up issues with this model, everything is pointing to the tcm and BCM

- Winters, TX, USA

Sep 012015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving at approximately 50 mph, the vehicle stalled and the engine, battery, and stability control warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact mentioned there was a burning odor. The contact was able to pull over and the vehicle was restarted. The failure recurred on multiple attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer twice, where it was diagnosed but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Danielsville, GA, USA