- November 5: Dodge Durango Recall Issued Following Detached Rear Spoilers recalls | 70 days ago
- November 1: Dodge Class Action Lawsuit Involves Challengers and Chargers news | 74 days ago
- October 20: Is the Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan Worth It? Lawsuit Says No news | 86 days ago
Dodge Preliminary Evaluation PE05027: ENGINE STALL
2004 Dodge Durango
Power Train:Automatic Transmission:Control Module (Tcm, Pcm)
- On May 16, 2005, ODI opened preliminary evaluation PE05-027 to investigate complaints of engine stalling in model year 2004-05 Dodge Durango SUVS and Ram 1500 series pickups equipped with the 5.7L V8 engine.information provided by DaimlerChrysler during PE05-027 indicated that a large percentage of the complaints are related to an idle undershoot condition that may cause the engine to stall during turning maneuvers.in February 2005, DaimlerChrysler revised the powertrain control module software in production vehicles and issued a technical service bulletin (tsb 18-013-05) releasing the new software as a service remedy for the idle undershoot condition.the bulletin was superceded by tsb 18-013-05A in April 2005.DaimlerChrysler believes that the failure rate for stalling while driving due to the idle undershoot condition is low and that the bulletin has adequately addressed the problem. Since PE05-027 was opened, ODI has continued to receive complaints from owners of the subject vehicles who allege experiencing engine stall incidents under all types of driving conditions.in some instances the stalling has continued after the vehicle received the service bulletin repairs.this investigation has been upgraded to an engineering analysis (EA05-018) to further assess the scope, frequency, and safety consequences of the alleged defect in Dodge Durango and Ram 1500/2500/3500 series pickup trucks.
- Documents (6)
- MEMO 7/28/2005 TO TIS, ONE CD, DAIMLERCHRYSLER 7/28/2005 ENCLOSURE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, & 11
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED * 11/03/05 * P
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED * 5/16/05 * P
- DAIMLERCHRYSLER 7/28/2005 LETTER TO ODI, RECEIVED IN ODI 8/2/2005
- DAIMLERCHRYSLER 10/20/2005 LETTER TO ODI, RECEIVED IN ODI 10/21/05.
- IR TO MFR * 6/14/05 * P
Click a tab for more information.