2013 Dodge Journey transmission problems: transmission failure

Transmission Failure

2013 Dodge Journey

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.

7.5

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2013 Dodge Journey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Journey:

2013 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

May 152016

Journey Limited 3.6L V6

We purchased this car new and since we purchased it have been extremely unhappy! We took it on a trip to Georgia to visit my parents and while we were there we got stranded because the transmission totally went out of my car. Heard a noise and then it wouldn't go at all! Had to have it towed to the dealership and took 2 weeks to get it replaced and then had to drive back from Texas to Georgia 13 hours to pick up the car! This was a big cost we were not expecting! To buy a new car and pay so much to be stranded in another state is awful! I'm glad its under warranty for that but sad that it had to have a completely new transmission and all the electrical caught fire also. Please beware if you have a 2013 Dodge Journey get the transmission checked!

- Angie W., Little Elm, TX, USA

Apr 152015

Journey R/T 3.6L V6

VEHICLE ROLLS BACKWARD WHEN IN DRIVE ON A HILL AND THE BRAKE RELEASED --- WOULD HAVE STRUCK VEHICLE BEHIND US --- IF NOT ON THE BIT

- pudden, Orangeville, ON, Canada

Jan 122015

Journey Crew 3.6L V6

Transmission won't shift under extreme cold -15c/+3f only on a cold start-up. I can manually shift with no problem. Once the vehicle is within operating temperatures (10-15 min.), it shifts fine on its own. Will be taking it back to the dealer under warranty.

Thx.

- ringostar_2, Cornwall, ON, Canada

Mar 302015

Journey

I really need to know what I need to do. Car didn't give a warning on dash board or anything that something was wrong. My car just will not move.

- mythree28, Jackson, MS, US