- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 13 days ago
- November 28: Fiat 500 Cars Recalled For Gear Shifter Failures recalls | 57 days ago
- November 22: Chrysler TIPM Recall Issued For 698,000 SUVs recalls | 63 days ago
- November 17: Dodge Grand Caravans Recalled For Seat Problems recalls | 68 days ago
- November 12: FCA Recalls Dodge Challengers and Dodge Chargers recalls | 73 days ago
Dodge Recall T47: Inadvertent Air Bag Deployment Due To Chafed Wire
2014 Dodge Journey
Unexpected deployment of the driver's frontal air bag increases the risk of a crash or driver injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2011-2015 Dodge Journey vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the driver's frontal air bag may unexpectedly deploy if the air bag wiring harness gets chafed within the steering wheel and short circuits.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the air bag wiring within the steering wheel, replacing it if necessary. A protective cover will also be installed. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall began August 28, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T47.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2017
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- T47 Fleet Communication
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/11/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T4707112017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised September 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.