- March 13: FCA Emissions Recall Includes 863,000 Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 47 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 52 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 63 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 66 days ago
Dodge Recall T47: Inadvertent Air Bag Deployment Due To Chafed Wire
2014 Dodge Journey
Unexpected deployment of the driver's frontal air bag increases the risk of a crash or driver injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2011-2015 Dodge Journey vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the driver's frontal air bag may unexpectedly deploy if the air bag wiring harness gets chafed within the steering wheel and short circuits.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the air bag wiring within the steering wheel, replacing it if necessary. A protective cover will also be installed. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall began August 28, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T47.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2017
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- T47 Fleet Communication
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/11/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T4707112017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised September 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.