- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 11 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 53 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 69 days ago
Dodge Recall T47: Inadvertent Air Bag Deployment Due To Chafed Wire
2014 Dodge Journey
Unexpected deployment of the driver's frontal air bag increases the risk of a crash or driver injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2011-2015 Dodge Journey vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the driver's frontal air bag may unexpectedly deploy if the air bag wiring harness gets chafed within the steering wheel and short circuits.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the air bag wiring within the steering wheel, replacing it if necessary. A protective cover will also be installed. These repairs will be made free of charge. The recall began August 28, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T47.
- Documents (11)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2017
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- T47 Fleet Communication
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 07/11/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T4707112017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised September 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.