- November 5: Dodge Durango Recall Issued Following Detached Rear Spoilers recalls | 78 days ago
- November 1: Dodge Class Action Lawsuit Involves Challengers and Chargers news | 82 days ago
Dodge Defect Investigation AQ14003: Chrysler's execution of 13V-528 & 529
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Chrysler's execution of 13V-528 & 529
Steering:Linkages:Tie Rod Assembly
- RMD opened this audit query (AQ) investigation in order to better understand and evaluate Chrysler's process(es) for timely and efficient execution of its safety recall campaigns, including its oversight and management of its parts division Mopar.Prior to opening this investigation, RMD had raised concerns with the company related to its execution of two safety recalls, 13V-528 and 13V-529, both of which involved safety defects that could cause the involved vehicles, FCA-€™s heavier Dodge Ram trucks, to lose steering control suddenly and without warning.Specifically, RMD inquired about the availability of parts for recall repairs, by email and phone on January 15, 2014 and February 19, 2014, due to the volume of complaints it was receiving from owners alleging parts scarcity and parts restrictions. FCA steadfastly denied it had placed parts restrictions on its dealers to manage issues of parts scarcity.FCA shared material showing it had uncommitted stock of parts available for its dealers. Nevertheless, consumer complaints of lack of parts continued.RMD made independent inquiries tosome dealers tobetter understand the conflicting claims between owners alleging lack of ability to repair their defective vehicles due to lack of parts, and FCA-€™s information showing availability of parts.Dealers informed and provided documentation to RMD on February 21, 2014 and February 25, 2014 showing FCA had, in fact, put into place parts restrictions and, further, had in some instances canceled dealerships-€™ back orders for parts.In addition, during the course of its dialogue with dealers, RMD discovered that FCA had notified their dealerships on February 27, 2014 to return the recall remedy parts over quality concerns, and had therefore effectively canceled its safety recall program without notification to NHTSA. RMD issued a request for information (IR) on October 21, 2014.The company failed to respond to a number of the questions RMD asked that required it to produce specifics surrounding the repairs and parts ordering process with the recalls, including a question about whether a dealer order for recall parts could be canceled and under what circumstances.
- Documents (13)
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED
- IR LETTER TO MFR DATED 10/21/14. * 10/22/2014 * p
- MFR RESPONSE EXTENSION - IR RESPONSE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 12/5/14. * 11/14/2014 * p
- IR RESPONSE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 12/12/14. * 12/04/2014 * p
- 61982 - FLAT CHRYSLER 3-9-2015 REVISED MFR RESPONSE TO IR LETTER.
- 62016 - CHRYSLER 12-12-2014 LETTER TO ODI
- MEMO TO FILE DATED MAY 21, 2015. * 05/22/2015 * p
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED
- CONSENT ORDER DATED JULY 24, 2015. * 07/29/2015 * p
- 61768 - FLAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES 3-9-2015 LETTER TO ODI
- MFR IR RESPONSE DATA. * 12/16/2014 * p
- 61769 - FCA 3-9-2015 ENCLOSURE 1, RECALL COMPLETION DATA [ACCESS DATABASE]
- 61983 - FLAT CHRYSLER 3-9-2015, ENCLOSURE 1, RECALL COMPLETION DATA [ACCESS DATABASE]
Click a tab for more information.