- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 30 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
- July 29: Mopar Stage 1 PCM Recall Includes Chrysler and Dodge Cars recalls | 55 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 70 days ago
Dodge Recall 973: Daimlerchrysler/Hood Latch
1999 Dodge Ram 3500
If the primary latch is not engaged, the hood could open unexpectedly.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- On certain pickup trucks originally sold in or currently registered in the following "salt belt" states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri. Corrosion of the return spring on the hood secondary latch could cause the mechanism to bind in the "release position."
- Dealers will replace the secondary hood latch. Owner notification began September 17, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.