- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 56 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 58 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 59 days ago
Dodge Recall 973: Daimlerchrysler/Hood Latch
1998 Dodge Ram Van 2500
If the primary latch is not engaged, the hood could open unexpectedly.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- On certain pickup trucks originally sold in or currently registered in the following "salt belt" states: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri. Corrosion of the return spring on the hood secondary latch could cause the mechanism to bind in the "release position."
- Dealers will replace the secondary hood latch. Owner notification began September 17, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.