- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 16 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 32 days ago
- January 19: Chrysler Recalls 317,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 58 days ago
- January 16: Chrysler Says Hacking Lawsuit Should Be Tossed Out news | 61 days ago
2000 Dodge Stratus
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Stratus, Intrepid & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation. Also the 2.4L engine doesn't have the oil sludge problem.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
2000 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- blows fuses and won't turn over or run3
- door locks & interior lights turn on & off intermittently2
- car alarm goes off intermittently by itself1
- problem with vehicle drive sensor1
- radio shorts out1
- NHTSA: Electrical System21
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.