- September 7: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sued For $100 Million Over Keyless Ignition news | 74 days ago
2000 Dodge Stratus
Fuel System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Stratus, Intrepid & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation. Also the 2.4L engine doesn't have the oil sludge problem.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
2000 Dodge Stratus Fuel System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Dies After Warmed Up Then Restart After 10 Min1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline7
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump6
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other2
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Stratus Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Stratus compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Stratus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Stratus.