- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 12 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 12 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 15 days ago
Ford Recall 02S39: Ford/Natural Gas Fuel Tank
2002 Ford Crown Victoria
A gas leak of sufficient quantity concentrated in an area to create a combustible mixture and in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Other — Storage — Tank Assembly
- On certain natural gas model vehicles, a T-fitting that connects fuel tanks #3 and #4 can develop a leak when the solenoid valves are energized, such as when the ignition switch is in the on position or during refueling.
- Dealers will install a redesigned "T" fitting on #4 fuel tank and tested for leakage. Owner notification began September 13, 2002. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.