- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 0 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 12 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 13 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 22 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 27 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Speed Control Cable
1999 Ford F-150
A loose cable can result in the throttle not fully returning to idle and cause an increase in stopping distance.
Vehicle Speed Control — Cables
- Vehicle description: Light duty pickup trucks. A speed control cable may not have fully seated into the accelerator bracket at time of installation. If the cable is not fully seated into this bracket, the cable could separate from the bracket.
- Dealers will add a retaining clip to the speed control cable fitting at the accelerator bracket.
Click a tab for more information.