- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 00L11: Ford/FMVSS 225/Child Restraint Anchor
2001 Ford F-150
In the event of a crash, the child seat may not be properly attached increasing the risk of injury to the child.
Equipment — Other — Owners/Service/Other Manual
- Vehicle description: Certain sport utility vehicles, pickup trucks, and passenger vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of FMVSS 225, "child restraint anchorage systems." The affected Expedition/Navigator owner guides do not identify the locations of seating positions equipped with tether anchorages, and do not provide instructions for securing child seats to these tether anchorages. The F150 SC owner guides do not provide the procedure for securing child seats to the tether anchorages. The Taurus/Sable owner guides do not identify the center rear seating position as having latch compatible lower anchorages.
- Owners will be provided with owner guide inserts revised to provide the required information, and instructions for affixing these inserts to their owner guides. Customers will also be advised that if they prefer, their dealer will affix the inserts to their owner guides.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.