6.0

2018 Ford F-150 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford F-150:

2018 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 122018

F-150 XLT 3.5L V6

I purchased a brand new Ford F-150 in late June. It had always seemed as if steering was sloppy but problem has gotten worse. The truck will veer to the left (oncoming traffic) the minute you take your hands off the wheel. Once fought back straight it will take off the other direction or right back towards the left lane. It seems to come and go but never will just go straight down the road, always fighting the wheel. I brought it back to the dealer I purchased it from and they did an alignment and played around with tires swapping them from side to side. Still no resolution. I next brought it to a different Ford dealer closer to where I was working in a different state. Same results only this time they told me that all 2018 F-150s do this. WTF you mean to tell me that every new truck on the road is a runaway murder machine? If something happens to where a person can't continuously keep two hands on the wheel to fight this damn vehicle it is going off into oncoming traffic and could potentially cause a very fatal accident. I have opened a claim with the Ford service and it is a very slow process. I am almost 100% positive this is a very serious recall issue and Ford Motor Company is avoiding it until someone ends up injured.

Very annoyed and almost scared to drive my new truck,

Michigan