- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 5 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 12 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Brake Hose Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150s, Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators recalls | 12 days ago
- June 9: MyFord Touch Settlement Agreement Has Serious Problems: Judge news | 16 days ago
Ford Recall : Engine May Shutdown In Emergency Vehicles
2014 Ford F-550
Engine shut down and a subsequent cool down period may delay medical treatment or assistance to those needing it, increasing their risk of injury.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Exhaust System
- HME, Inc. is recalling certain emergency vehicles manufactured January 1, 2014, to March 31, 2015 and built on a model year 2014-2015 Ford F-550 chassis. The affected vehicles may detect an incorrect Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (EGT) fault indicating that the vehicle is too hot, causing the engine management system to shut down the engine and prevent its immediate restart.
- HME will notify owners, and dealers will update the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2015. Owners may contact HME customer service at 1-616-261-2636.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.