- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 0 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 1 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 5 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 21 days ago
- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 32 days ago
2014 Ford F-550
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Ford F-550
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Ford F-550 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2014 Ford F-550 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #15V371000
Summary: HME, Inc. is recalling certain emergency vehicles manufactured January 1, 2014, to March 31, 2015 and built on a model year 2014-2015 Ford F-550 chassis. The affected vehicles may detect an incorrect Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (EGT) fault indicating that the vehicle is too hot, causing the engine management system to shut down the engine and prevent its immediate restart.
Consequence: Engine shut down and a subsequent cool down period may delay medical treatment or assistance to those needing it, increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: HME will notify owners, and dealers will update the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2015. Owners may contact HME customer service at 1-616-261-2636. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V371000 »