- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 10 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 10 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 16 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 22 days ago
- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 45 days ago
2014 Ford F-550
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Ford F-550
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Ford F-550 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2014 Ford F-550 ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #15V371000
Summary: HME, Inc. is recalling certain emergency vehicles manufactured January 1, 2014, to March 31, 2015 and built on a model year 2014-2015 Ford F-550 chassis. The affected vehicles may detect an incorrect Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor (EGT) fault indicating that the vehicle is too hot, causing the engine management system to shut down the engine and prevent its immediate restart.
Consequence: Engine shut down and a subsequent cool down period may delay medical treatment or assistance to those needing it, increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: HME will notify owners, and dealers will update the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software, free of charge. The recall began on July 7, 2015. Owners may contact HME customer service at 1-616-261-2636. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V371000 »