- May 19: Ford Engine Fires: Park Your Expeditions and Lincoln Aviators Outside recalls | 0 days ago
- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 20 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 22 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 23 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 25 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48130
2018 Ford Fiesta
Affected Component: VISIBILITY:GLASS, SIDE/REAR
- Some 2010-2020 vehicles may exhibit distorted glass with a subtle orange peel pattern or streaking etched into the surface. This is caused by hydrofluoric acid which is used in some car wash solutions as a cleaning agent. Hydrofluoric acid can attack the glass and cause visual distortion and/or discoloration on the outer surface which cannot be removed by further cleaning. If this type of distortion is found, inspect the area of the glass that is covered by the cowl and/or molding. The portion of glass that is covered by the cowl or molding will not be affected by the acid. Hydrofluoric acid damage is not a defect in material or workmanship and is not a warrantable condition.
Click a tab for more information.