- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 19 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 21 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 22 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls 2022 F-150 Trucks For Steering Column Problems recalls | 24 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 48619
2018 Ford Fiesta
Affected Component: UNKNOWN OR OTHER
- SSM 48619 - Various Vehicles - Perimeter Alarm Armed And Original Vehicle Keys Cannot Be Accessed to Enter Vehicle - CAN Protection Strategy Some 2013-2016 Model Year Vehicles may exhibit a concern in which the Perimeter Alarm is active and the original keys cannot be accessed to disable the perimeter alarm. This concern would most often occur when a customer loses keys and the dealership is attempting to program new keys to the vehicle. The Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 419-01A Perimeter Anti-Theft Alarm - System Operation and Component Description has been updated to inform of the Controller Area Network (CAN) Protection Strategy. Follow the procedure outlined to prevent replacement of the Body Control Module (BCM) on CAN Protection Strategy equipped vehicles when original keys are lost and perimeter alarm is active. Refer to the WSM for further detail on the CAN Protection Strategy. Lost keys and replacement of BCM for lost keys is non-warrantable.
Click a tab for more information.