- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 19 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 21 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 22 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls F-Series Trucks Over Backup Camera Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- April 24: Ford Recalls 2022 F-150 Trucks For Steering Column Problems recalls | 24 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 49210
2018 Ford Fiesta
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Some 2009-2020 Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with turbochargers may exhibit an oil leak from the turbocharger oil supply or return tubes, O-rings or 6.7L pedestal gasket. Although oil may collect on the turbocharger, it is very rare for a turbocharger to leak oil. To isolate the source of the leak, refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-00 General Information > Diagnosis and Testing > Engine > Engine Oil Leaks - Fluorescent Oil Additive Method procedure. When an oil leak is present at a turbocharger oil supply or drain tube, remove the affected oil tube and inspect for damage, and replace the O-ring seals, pedestal gasket or oil tube as required. Refer to WSM, Section 303-04. For claiming, use the affected oil tube or pedestal gasket as the causal part and applicable labor operations in Sections 6 and 9 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Click a tab for more information.