- October 16: Ford Ranger Recall: HVAC Blower Motor Fire Risk recalls | 3 days ago
- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 4 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 15 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 15 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 15 days ago
Ford Recall 16S28: Loss Of Motive Power From Pinion Gear Wear
2015 Ford Focus Electric
A fractured pinion shaft could cause a loss of motive power and loss of the transmission park function, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Ford Focus Electric vehicles manufactured August 20, 2015, through April 13, 2016. The transmission's differential pinion gear shaft may overheat and fracture.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission differential assembly, free of charge. The recall began on March 24, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S28.
- Documents (11)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Press Release
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 27, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S28
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.