- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 9 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 30 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 06S42: Power Liftgates
2005 Ford Freestar
In the event of a liftgate strut malfunction, the liftgate can fall freely with no prior warning. Anyone standing beneath the liftgate may be injured if the liftgate falls.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate
- On certain vans equipped with the power liftgate option, the power liftgate motor automatically disengages after the liftgate is powered open.
- Dealers will reprogram the power liftgate module to reduce the likelihood that the liftgate could fall free of charge. The recall began on March 15, 2006. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.