- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 3 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 7 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 10 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 17 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 24 days ago
2004 Ford Freestar
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Freestar was introduced in 2004, but it was essentially just a rebranded Windstar. While there was a redesign of the interior and exterior, the Freestar still inherited some of the design flaws of its predecessor.
Worst 2004 Freestar Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems69NHTSA complaints: 552
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 107
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 126
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 83
- AC / heater problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 82
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 260
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 79
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 29
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 26
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.