- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 14 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 15 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 28 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 29 days ago
Ford Recall 06S42: Power Liftgates
2006 Ford Freestar
In the event of a liftgate strut malfunction, the liftgate can fall freely with no prior warning. Anyone standing beneath the liftgate may be injured if the liftgate falls.
Structure — Body — Hatchback/Liftgate
- On certain vans equipped with the power liftgate option, the power liftgate motor automatically disengages after the liftgate is powered open.
- Dealers will reprogram the power liftgate module to reduce the likelihood that the liftgate could fall free of charge. The recall began on March 15, 2006. Owners may contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.