- July 24: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Over Burn Risk recalls | 12 days ago
- July 13: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 23 days ago
- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 35 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 55 days ago
Ford Recall : Ford/Steering Gear
1998 Ford Mustang
This condition can increase steering efforts, affecting steering control.
Steering — Gear Box — Shaft Sector
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles and mini-vans. The rack and pinion steering gears may have damaged input shaft bearings.
- Dealers will inspect the date code on the rack and pinion steering gear, and, if necessary, replace those rack and pinion assemblies that fall within the suspect date code range. The date codes for Windstar model vehicles are 97jb09 or 97jc08; the date codes for Mustang model vehicles are 97J09B or 97J08B.
Click a tab for more information.