- August 17: Ford Recalls Maverick Trucks Over Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- August 12: Ford Brake Hose Recall May Not Have Included Enough Models investigations | 5 days ago
- August 7: Ford E-Series Weight Ratings Are Allegedly Wrong: Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- August 1: 2021 Ford Bronco Engine Failures Investigated investigations | 16 days ago
- July 23: Ford Super Duty Emissions Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 25 days ago
Ford Recall 16S40: Oil Leak From Engine Cooler Hose
2015 Ford Mustang
A sudden loss of engine oil may cause engine failure, increasing the risk of a crash. Additionally, an oil leak, in the presence of an ignition source, increases the risk of a fire.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Cooling System — Hoses/Lines/Piping/Fittings
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Mustang vehicles manufactured February 24, 2015, to August 30, 2016. A hose may separate from the engine oil cooler tube assembly causing an oil leak.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the engine oil cooler tube assembly, free of charge. The recall began on March 23, 2017. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S40.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - October 25, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S40
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - February 20, 2017 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Safety Recall 16S40 Certain 2015-2017 Model Year Mustang GT350 and GT350R Vehicles Engine Oil Cooler Tube Assembly Replacement
- Media Correspondence
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.