- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 18 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 22 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 24 days ago
- December 22: Ford E-Series Recall Necessary To Prevent Burns recalls | 24 days ago
Ford Recall 17C21: Vehicle May Roll Away/FMVSS 102, 114
2018 Ford Mustang
Without a visual or audible warning to the driver that the vehicle is in PARK, the vehicle may roll away after it has been exited if the parking brake has not been applied, increasing the risk of injury or a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Cluster/Panel
Electrical System — Software
- Ford Motor Company is recalling certain 2018 Ford Mustang vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and a 12.4" digital instrument cluster. If the ignition is turned off when the transmission is not in PARK, the instrument cluster may not illuminate the PRNDL gear position display and the operator may not receive the "Key in Ignition" chime when the driver's door is opened. As such, these vehicles fails to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence/Starter Interlock/Transmission Braking Effect, " and number 114, "Theft Protection."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster software, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 5, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 17C21.
- Documents (5)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- ...
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/ FMVSS 102 & 114
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- December 19, 2017 - NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 17C21
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.