- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 24 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 26 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 28 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 31 days ago
- February 13: Lincoln Continental Door Latch Recall Includes 28,200 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
Ford Recall 16C10: Electronic Stability Control Systems/FMVSS 126
2016 Ford Transit Connect
If the brake HCU pump is contaminated, the performance of the electronic stability control and related brake systems may degrade, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock — Control Unit/Module
Electronic Stability Control
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Transit Connect vehicles manufactured February 22, 2016, through June 16, 2016. The brake Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) pump may be contaminated with metallic debris. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems."
- Ford will notify owners and dealers will replace the brake HCU pump, free of charge. The recall began on August 22, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 16C10.
- Documents (16)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 20, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 16C10 - Supplement #1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - June 28, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 16C10
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 17, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C10 Certain 2016 Model Year Transit Connect Vehicles Hydraulic Control Unit Replacement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.