- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 7 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 13 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 13 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 16 days ago
Ford Recall 16C10: Electronic Stability Control Systems/FMVSS 126
2016 Ford Transit Connect
If the brake HCU pump is contaminated, the performance of the electronic stability control and related brake systems may degrade, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock — Control Unit/Module
Electronic Stability Control
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2016 Transit Connect vehicles manufactured February 22, 2016, through June 16, 2016. The brake Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) pump may be contaminated with metallic debris. As such, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems."
- Ford will notify owners and dealers will replace the brake HCU pump, free of charge. The recall began on August 22, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 16C10.
- Documents (16)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - July 20, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 16C10 - Supplement #1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - June 28, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 16C10
- Press Release
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - August 17, 2016 SUBJECT: DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 16C10 Certain 2016 Model Year Transit Connect Vehicles Hydraulic Control Unit Replacement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.