7.8

2014 GMC Acadia fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Acadia:

2014 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

May 282016

Acadia

Fuel gage continuously shows full then a few mins later empty even after filling up take, gage shoes tire levels in accurately, lights will flicker and won┐T shut off after turned off completely, driver seat continues to wiggle loose even after tightening back over and over, when vehicle isn┐T sitting in park on after about 30minutes or so it will begin to shake, sputter then finally stall reguardless of accelerating to restart it will still stalk when driving for awhile the vehicle will randomly jerk forward while driving and feel like it loses power while driving as well even after I took it to a certified mechanic and having a sensor changed(which a diagnostic test indicated was wrong) along with an oil change we also noticed that the recalls that were listed prior to us purchasing the vehicle should┐ve been addressed weren┐T we notified the dealership they said they┐D look at those recalls from then but we would have to pay for them at our own cost and that the recalls and issue sales we had talked about weren┐T listed so at this point we┐re unable to take the family vehicle too far from home considering we live 30 mins outside of tucson, we have four kids and my husband is a disabled veteran we even stated to the dealership we needed a dependable vehicle thank you for your time

- Vail, AZ, USA

Feb 152016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that after the vehicle was refueled, the fuel gauge displayed incorrectly. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Nov 122014

Acadia

Bought car brand new 8-14. Since I have taken into dealership over 5 times regarding it stalling, and complete shut down while driving. First car would shut off when in reverse. Car turned off completely multiple times sitting at red lights. Then while I was driving 35 miles on residential street I had complete failure, car turned off. Was able to restart and drive. Car takes a couple seconds to turn over when first putting key in. Noticed recall in 10-14 for exact issue but GMC dealer in concord ca says my car is not included in it. Interior lights go on at random along with headlights. Gas gauge in "miles" reading on dash lowers by 20+ miles each time I drop kids off at school 5 miles away. Each time I have taken it to dealer, dealer stated they are unable to duplicate the events, no warning codes are showing and they can not find what's wrong with the car. Shocker. Brand new cars do not operate this way and these issues are very serious as deaths could occur when car shuts down while driving. Taking it to dealer again.

- Concord, CA, USA

Mar 162015

Acadia 6-cyl

I was driving at roughly fifty mph when engine shutoff and put vehicle into neutral to pullover avoiding rear end crash by semi truck I attempted to start vehicle but vehicle engine locked without any warning I called dealer and towed into service and it was something internal in engine and told to wait for more info.

- Shelby Twp, MI, USA

Aug 142013

Acadia 6-cyl

Started noticing the gas gauge wasn't accurate. I started out with 1/4 tank of gas and drove not even a mile and the low fuel light came on and the needle was on empty. Panicked and drove to the nearest gas station and I pulled up to the pump and my gas reappeared. Another time I filled the tank and drove approximately 5 miles and it went from full to 3/4 of a tank. Went in the store, came out and started it and it was full again. This has happened several times and once resulting in running out of gas although it showed there was gas. I now reset the mileage to zero when I fill up and know how many miles I should get to the tank and refuel. I spoke to the service advisor at my dealership and he told me it was a new fuel system GM was using and there wasn't a resolution for it. There has to be a resolution to this!

- Waterford , MI, USA

Jan 022014

Acadia

The Acadia's fuel gauge just stops working and then starts again. The vehicle has a jerky motion when slowing down around any curves...like the engine has to catch up.

- Milton, LA, USA

Apr 102014

Acadia

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that while turning at approximately 10 mph, the vehicle suddenly stalled. The contact was informed by the tow truck driver that the vehicle ran out of fuel although the fuel gauge indicated that the fuel tank was 1/4 full. The contact mentioned that the failure was experienced multiple times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose a defect. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 9,000.

- Clinton Township, MI, USA