7.6

$150

2. change valve cover, install shield in oil pan, change rings (2 reports)
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Sierra 1500:

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 172017

Sierra 1500 Z 71 5.3L V8

HAVE TO ADD OIL 2000 TO 2500 MILES. NOT TOLD, WHEN HAD VALVE COVER REPLACED, THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM. NUMBER 1 AND 7 PLUGS FOUL OUT ALL REST WERE GOOD.

- Rocky H., Deer Park, US

Oct 152008

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L V8

Oil Consumption issue like many others, now my rings are bad and i have been told it is because oil consumption issue

- sierra lemon, Coopersville, MI, US

May 202015

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

Infamous 5.3 burning oil..lots of it. 1 quart every 2-3000 miles. Chevy states that normal oil consumption is 1 quart to every 12-1600 miles, but the interent states that 2-3000 miles should only be a quart. Who do we believe? Seems like a lot of 5.3 owners are having this issue and not help from a dealer...every dealer I talked to says its normal. Normal for a engine to use oil? I don't think so...can anyone help us owners out???

- Ethan B., Finlayson, MN, US

May 242012

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

I reported the issues while the truck was still covered under my extended warranty. The dealership ignored it and told me it was normal. Now that the warranty has expired, the issue is much worse and neither the dealership nor the ESP wants to be held completely responsible. The dealer and GM are willing to cover a portion of the bill, but still leaving me with $3K out of my pocket, for an issue that was addressed during my covered time frame. This is far from over.

- maqqcbm, Derby, KS, US

Apr 112013

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8 Afm

I hope GM Enjoy's the $42,000.00 i paid for this one . My First GM and MY last. To the other guys that says to try Mobil 1, I did and it still drank the high dollar Oil.

Guys i have had 20 new trucks in my life, this First GM is ,the ONLY ONE that used this much oil. I feel like i bought a high priced Vega. Remember those? Fill it up with Oil ,and Check the gas.

I traveled alot in my job, I have Put 150k Miles on 10 of the F150's i have owned with little to NO oil usage.

I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer with 240,000 Miles on it. Maybe 1/2 Quart low between oil Changes. I have a 2001 Kia Sportage 70,000 Miles No Oil Usage.

I bought this GM for Pleasure Driving ,Hunting and Fishing , not work..

Not now i don't trust it. I drive the $ 15000.00 2001 KIA. GM needs to get their act together.

Apr 112013

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8 Afm

Gm District Service manager called me. I have never been spoke to in that tone in my life, I have been in sales for 30 years and never has a customer who was mad at my product ,talked to me the way this SO CALLED GM Customer Service Specialist Did.

"QUOTE" It is in normal GM range of Oil Usage, If you have the truck fixed you will pay for it!

I said can you have a GM District Manager call me?NO Can you send me what you have just told me about normal usage in writing? NO So you guys will do nothing about this problem? NO.

Do you know what i can have done to fix my truck? NO

GM must train these people in "how to be a Butthole101".

A grown rude ass man hiding behind a phone. Maybe for me it was a good thing!

Oct 052012

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8 Afm

I contacted GM in October 2012, they sent me for an oil consumption test every 500 miles. Thirty miles to the dealer with gas prices at $3.75 per gallon.

No matter my plans, here i go so the service tech, he checks the oil, What do you know Low oil.

After all the trips back and forth. Guess what? 2-1/2 Quarts low between oil changes.

This Went on for Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jun 132012

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8 Afm

June of 2012 , My low oil light came on after about 1200 miles into an oil change. I took it to the Dealer and they advised the oil pan gasket was dry rotted and needed to be replaced.I had it replaced at the dealer.

Aug 012012

Sierra 1500

Never make it to the next 3000-4000 mile oil change without added up to 2 qts along the way. What's up with this? Someone tell me why......

- fpetkovsek, Cleveland, OH, US

Sep 302008

Sierra 1500 LT 5.3L

Vehicle burns quart of oil every 2,000 miles. Started at around 15000 miles burning a quart of oil every 3000.

- Charles R., Carteret, NJ, US