2014 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems: paint peeling

Paint Peeling

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your GMC dealer.

6.7

$80

2. repaint (2 reports)
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 202018

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

Dealer won't cover it under warranty and also states that there is no recalls on this problem. This is bullshit. On going problem for many truck owners.

- Alejandro V., Losthills, US

Feb 152018

Sierra 1500 SLT V8

click to see larger images

paint peeling paint peeling

Paint began peeling last year over the windshield. Patched it with a touch up pen, but paint continues to peel. Now it has begun peeling on the rear passenger door. Paint just flakes off.

- JAmes S., Collierville, Tn, US

Feb 012017

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

Horrible peeling paint on lower part of two doors. Brought to the dealer, less than three years old but over the 36K, they did nothing. This sucks.

- Nate E., South Windsor, US

Dec 012016

Sierra 1500 Texas Edition

This truck was sent to dealer for recall work and I had them look at this problem with the paint on the bottom of the doors on both sides. They said it was beat up a lot. My problem is this truck is highway driven and doesn't go down dirt roads at all. There has got to be a problem with the paint because I have never ever had any vehicle do this at all, even the little car we have. The last truck I had was a 2012 gmc sierra and I didn't have this problem with it either with the highway driving I do. So someone needs to be looking into this problem because I think we have defective paint on this and probably others too........thanks for letting me give input here and hope we find a solution because I really don't' want to look at my truck next year and see peeling paint off all the way up my doors, and it not even be 5 years old yet.

- Cinda M., rhome, TX, US

Feb 012016

Sierra 1500

The paint is chipping off on the seam between the two paint textures on the bottom of the body. Not sure why GMC had to change their paint in 2014.

- arcticsprite07, Wadena, MN, US

Jun 012015

Sierra 1500 SLE Z71 5.3L V8

click to see larger images

paint peeling

Truck is just about 1 year old and paint is peeling off the bottom of the doors on both sides. Dealer will repair but they can only take it in a month and a half. This looks like cheap paint from factory and my expectations of the rest of the truck or even the repairs to last are pretty low.

- jerrycanada, Moncton, NB, Canada