- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 10 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 16 days ago
- September 7: GM Sued For $100 Million Over Fatal GMC Yukon Crash news | 38 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 44 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 53 days ago
GMC TSB #PIT5282
2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician that a customer may request the factory Integrated Trailer Brake Control be bypassed and their aftermarket trailer brake controller be installed instead. Technician will need to gain access to the X185 or the X138 connector (varies with vehicle build; refer to Service Information) near the underhood fuse block, terminal 32. Circuit 47 ends at the body harness side of X185 or X138 terminal 32, which comes from the X61A junction block. Obtain enough Dark Blue 12 gauge wire to run from X185 or X138 to the 7-way trailer connector at the bumper. Attach terminated lead part number 13327155 to one end of the Dark Blue and insert into the chassis harness side of the X185 or X138 connector terminal 32. Run the Dark Blue wire in its own conduit along the frame to the 7-way trailer connector at the bumper. Remove circuit 47 from the 7-way trailer connector terminal ?C? and tape the bare terminal and attach to the harness. Attach terminal part number 12110853, located in Delphi Tray 4, to the other end of the Dark Blue wire, with the correct weather pack seal, and insert it into the 7-way trailer connector terminal ?C.? Install trailer brake controller harness General Motors part number 23184088 into Middle Bus Electrical Center (X61A).
Click a tab for more information.