7.2

1. repaint (5 reports)
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 012022

Sierra 1500 SLE V8

click to see larger images

paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling

I purchased my truck in February of 2018, and not long after, the roof started peeling right in the middle above my windshield and it hasn't stopped peeling since. Seems like every time I get above 55 mph, more peels off. The other spot, on the door behind driver, started about 3 months ago and it only took about a full week for it to go from a little bubbled spot to an entire prime gray spot that's about 6 inches long and an inch wide and it's not stopping anytime soon.

I absolutely love my truck but I REFUSE to pay to have it painted and now it's going to hinder the resale value. This is ridiculous! I don't have the funds to fix such an expensive mistake, especially when I take care of my truck and this was completely out of my control. GM needs to do the right thing and pay for their screw ups!

- Erica D., Franklin, US

Aug 032022

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

paint is peeling

Paint peel started on the front plastic within the first 6 months I owned it. I brought it to the dealership and they told me it was from a rock chip. -_- So I decided to let it go.

Then summer of 2019 the peeling on the rear drivers door began to peel. Once again I went to the dealership and they came back with a quote to fix a front engine seal... for $2200... conveniently 5 months after my warranty had expired. Like WTF, the front seal was not leaking btw, I'm not sure what they were trying to pull. In regards to the paint I got the same old runaround. Paint has not been fixed yet, only gotten a quote for repair, and the cheapest I’ve found for a quote was $1700. GM needs to own up and pay to fix the paint on their vehicles.

- Brandon F., wainwright, AB, Canada

Sep 012021

Sierra 1500 Denali 5.3L V8

paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling

Beautiful truck that came with a high price tag. Everything is great but this bubbling paint issue is a deal breaker!! Fix it GM!!!!

- David H., South Lyon, US

Mar 022021

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

click to see larger images

paint is peeling paint is peeling

I have never in my life seen a problem like this! At least not until I checked the forums and saw that it must be fairly common with GM white trucks. Paint seems to have been poorly prepped to have this show in bodyline areas so frequently. How GM cannot be held accountable for this is unbelievable. My problem seems to have come to light later than alot of the posts that I've read, but how is it NOT the manufacturer's responsibility to resolve this on a six year old vehicle?

I am at a loss right now, but if I cannot get satisfaction in getting this fixed, GM HAS MOST DEFINITELY LOST A CUSTOMER.

Has anyone gotten any positive reply from GM on this peeling issue?

- lakesidethoms, Pontiac, US

Sep 012019

Sierra 1500 Z71 5,3 Ecotech

Disappointed that despite religious compliance with paint protection appointments dealer has advised that the peeling paint on drivers post and interior tailgate is not their issues nor covered under any part of warranty. Now the passenger side is peeling. We bought this GMC after years of great product & service of a 2000. So much for GMC supporting clearly manufacturer defect.

- Charlann S., Chandler, AZ, US

Jul 212018

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

paint is peeling paint is peeling paint is peeling

Really bad that a $60000, 3 years old truck (that I still have a $30000 loan on) is starting to look like a beat up truck, even if I take a very good care of it. It breaks my heart. What else can I say.

- sebaslabrek, Lévis Secteur St-romuald, QC, Canada

Oct 152017

Sierra 1500 All Terrain 5.3L V8 Flexfuel

I found that the paint was really soft and easy to scratch for a work truck. Be advised.

- sergentpm, Shawinigan, QC, Canada

Oct 212017

Sierra 1500 LS 5.3L

2015 GMC SIERRA, LESS THAN 15,000 MILES. I TAKE VERY GOOD CARE OF MY TRUCK, HAS NOT ONE SCRATCH OR DENT, I NEVER PARK NEAR ANYONE OR ANYTHING. LAST SAT NOTICED HUGE CHUCKS OF PAINT PEELING OFF INSIDE THE TRUCK BED, PLUS ITS BUBBLING UP AROUND THE OUTER EDGES OF THAT. THIS IS TOTAL BULLCRAP FOR THIS NEW OF A TRUCK TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM, SOUNDS TO ME MY TRUCK IS NOT THE ONLY ONE.

- Christina F., Quincy, US