- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 7 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 48 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 74 days ago
GMC TSB #PIP5282
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician about the calculation and operation of the engine oil life monitor. The monitor calculates the percent of oil life remaining, based on 3 pathways. The first pathway for oil life calculation is engine revolutions. The second pathway for oil life calculation is the mileage form the last rest for all General Motors powertrains except the Volt. The third pathway for oil life calculation is the amount of time the oil is in the engine. The Volt uses a 2 year timer instead of 1 year. It also uses the engine revolution counter. It does not use the mileage pathway to count down.
Click a tab for more information.