- September 28: GM Infotainment System Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 11 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 25 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 52 days ago
GMC TSB #PIT5245C
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Affected Component: COMMUNICATION
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that the blower motor may be noisy or vibrate when running. This concern will only occur when the temperatures is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and if the blower motor is removed while still cold, ice may be found on the blower motor cage. This concern could be caused by water leaking or snow ingestion into the Heater-Vent-Air Conditioning case. Technician is to perform normal water testing diagnostics while the Heater-Vent-Air Conditioning is running, looking for water leaking past the plenum cover. If water is leaking past the cover remove the cover and install a 12x12 snow resistant screen to the fresh air intake. Reseal and install the plenum cover cap using Kent air dry sealer or equivalent.
Click a tab for more information.