- September 19: GM Piston Ring Lawsuit Fails Class Action Certification news | 4 days ago
- September 5: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Recall Investigated investigations | 18 days ago
- August 13: GMC Acadia Shifter Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 45 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 71 days ago
GMC TSB #PIT5509B
2015 GMC Sierra 1500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on how to diagnose and repair vehicle that may have a "Check Trailer Wiring" or "Service Trailer Brake System” message on the Driver Information Center when a trailer is connected to the vehicle. Diagnostic Trouble Code C1114 set in the Chassis Control Module. Chassis Control Module has to determine the type of trailer brake system that is being used. The Chassis Control Module can be sensitive to a variety of trailer wiring issues. The technician will need to make a trailer tester using Electric Trailer Brake Magnets and 7-way trailer connector to determine if it is a vehicle or trailer issue. If the concern is not duplicated with the tester installed, the vehicle is operating correctly and the focus should be on the trailer wiring or 7 way connector.
Click a tab for more information.