- August 18: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 0 days ago
- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 5 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 24 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 54 days ago
GMC Recall 17307: Missing Child Anchorage Instructions/FMVSS 225
2017 GMC Sierra 1500
If the instructions are missing from the owner's manual, the child seat may be installed incorrectly and not be properly secured, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, and GMC Sierra 1500 trucks. The owner's manual for the affected vehicles may be missing instructions on how to use the tether anchorage and child restraint anchorage systems. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will provide a corrected insert for the owners manual, free of charge. The recall began on September 25, 2017. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 17307.
- Documents (7)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 3, 2017 Subject: 17307 - Noncompliance Recall LATCH Child Seat Attachment Information Missing From Owner Manual
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 225
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172097470 Release Date: August 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.