- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
- October 20: GMC Acadia Shift to Park Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
GMC Recall : Aftermarket Hub Assemblies
2005 GMC Sierra 2500
If stopping distance is limited, a vehicle crash could occur.
Service Brakes, Air
- Certain federal-mogul national and Carquest aftermarket hub assemblies, P/N 515058, sold for use on 2001-2006 General Motors 1500 and 2500 4WD trucks. On the subject hub assemblies, the ABS sensor cord departs from the hub assembly at a 90 degree angle. As a result, there is a fit issue with the brake rotor dust shield interfering with the ABS sensor cord. If the hub assembly is installed despite this interference, the gap between the ABS sensor and the tone wheel may be altered. This may weaken the output of the ABS sensor. Diminished output could result in an unwanted ABS activation at low speeds and stopping distance could be affected.
- Federal-mogul will notify its owners and will either credit the customers account or replace the unit. The recall is expected to begin during June 2006. Owners can contact federal-mogul customer service at 1-800-563-8507 ext 3530.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.